• Question
  • Non FHA/HUD reverse mortgages

    Asked on 7/15/2009

    Are any non FHA reverse mortgages available? We do not
    qualify for FHA because we are on a private road. Do any lenders make conventional reverse mortgages?
    I understand 90% are FHA/HUD...can I get information on who makes the other 10%

  •  
  • Categories: Reverse Mortgages, Private or Jumbo Options

Answers

Toll Free 866-477-0404
  • NewRetirement User

    65 year old from San Francisco, CA

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • While there likely are a handful of private or proprietary reverse mortgages still available, almost all of such programs were eliminated as casualties of the credit crunch of 2008. Private financing for reverse mortgages has become nearly impossible to attain, and as a result, nearly all proprietary reverse mortgage programs have been placed on indefinite hiatus.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 7/16/2009
  • NewRetirement User

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • Hello,

    I am not aware of non-FHA reverse mortgages at this time. I can tell you from years of doing reverse mortgages that even though you may not have been approved with one lender, this does not mean another may not approve you. I have worked with private roads before, and alot of it has to do with the title company and lender you use. Feel free to contact me.

    Anthony Limon
    Branch Manager
    www.whyhecm.com
    866-640-5722 ext. 126
    anthony@whyhecm.com

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 8/24/2009
  • NewRetirement User

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • This post was deleted.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 11/19/2011
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.