Turn Your Dreams into Plans...

Take Control of Your Retirement.

Find Your Path to the Future You Want.

Already have an account?

Everyone Deserves Peace of Mind


Answer some important questions to get real clarity on where you stand and your retirement options.

Next steps

See what’s possible and what you can do right now and in the future to create your perfect retirement scenario.

Ongoing help

We’ll help you stay focused on your plan so you can enjoy the retirement you always wanted.

Due to its easy-to-understand presentation and wealth of information...

NewRetirement is the American Association of Individual Investor's (AAII) Editor’s Choice for Best of the Web for Retirement Planning.

The NewRetirement Calculator Makes Retirement Planning Easy...

  • Quick and easy to get started
  • Sophisticated tools – it is like a financial advisor is in your computer
  • Useful charts and detailed analysis of your situation
  • Ability to try out different retirement scenarios
  • Instant answers to your retirement questions

Retirement Information and Tips

Retirement Experts

Most Recent Question and Answer on NewRetirement Answers...

I am 64 years old. I currently have a significant amount of funds in a 457 account. I do not need any of these funds to fund my retirement. Does it make sense for me to do a conversion to a Roth IRA with these funds. With the new tax rates I am in the 24% bracket. My income for 2018 (estimated) will be approx. $114000. Would it be a good idea to rollover just enough funds to keep me out of the 32% bracket, with intentions of repeating this practice again and again until my regular retirement income reaches the 32% bracket. I have enough money to pay the tax with funds outside of my 457 account.
Asked by a 64 year old man from Shelton, WA on 5/20/2018

If you believe that tax rates will be higher in the future, then converting your 457 account may be a good idea. You have brought up several good points to consider. - recognizing that every year you will need to calculate the amount to convert based on your income and tax bracket limits - you are able to pay the taxes on the conversion with money outside the 457 account (to avoid paying tax penalties on the money used for taxes) - you appear to have an income stream that covers basic needs, having money in a Roth will you give more flexibility and avoid rmds - you are only 64, you may have 30 more years of retirement to benefit from tax free growth It appears that you may be a good candidate to do annual conversions.

Michelle Dash
See All Recent Answers... Ask a Question...
NewRetirement Family

NewRetirement is a new approach for retirement planning – comprehensive, easy, personalized and designed for regular people. We started this company because our own parents needed help with retirement planning and there were not any affordable and trustworthy resources.

NewRetirement’s calculator is designed for anyone who is worried about their retirement – especially people nearing the end of their careers who are in their 50s and 60s. We help people figure out how to draw down their savings as well as think through things like Social Security, income streams, Medicare, work and phased retirement and how to manage debt, expenses and out-of-pocket medical costs to live as securely as possible.

The system puts you in charge of how you want to use your resources so that you can make better decisions about your future.