• Question
  • How to Add Social Security Employment Tax to my Account for Prior Years

    Asked on 10/19/2007

    There is an individual that I am trying to assist that did not pay social security employmnet tax for the years 1993,94,95 & 96 when he was self-employed. How does one make payment into the account for that period? The individual does not understand this process very well. Thanks

  • Categories: Self Employment, Work and Retirement


  • NewRetirement User

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • I searched the Social Security web site for an answer to your question... and did not find anything... But, I am sure it is possible.A tax advisor would probably be able to advise you on how to backpay your Social Security...You could also ask your question on the Social Security Administration's web site, here: http://www.ssa.gov/feedback/indextest.html

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 11/12/2007
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.