• Question
  • retired at 55 -- living abroad

    Asked on 7/14/2008

    if i stop working at age of 55 and live outside u.s. how,and I can still contribute my ss monthly and if not How much my pension at the of 55 year old monthly?

  • Categories: Outside U.S., Housing


  • NewRetirement User

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • You might want to peruse the information provided by the Social Security web site.

    They have a page titled Social Security International Operations. There you can locate an international Social Security office and those resources should be able to help you.


    Also, many questions related to Social Security and living abroad are answered here:

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 7/18/2008
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.