• Editorial 


    San Francisco, CA

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • I am sorry, but I do not know anything about a program for recovering Social Security from years in training and combat.

    However, here are a few links that may be able to help you:
    The United States Department of Veterans Affairs:

    Department of Defense's Wounded, Ill and Injured Compensation and Benefits Handbook:

    From the U.S. Office of Personnel Management: CSRS and FERS Creditable Military Service:

    Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC) Frequently Asked Questions from

    We wish you all the best and hope you find the benefits you are looking for. Please update your New Retirement Calculator profile with any additional information you find to get a better idea of the strength of your retirement finances.


  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 11/30/2012
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.