• Question
  • options

    Asked by someone from Springfield, MO on 7/8/2015

    Hi my dad just passed away on Fathers day, he has a reverse mortgage on his home. I want to keep the house as it was the house I grew up in, unfortuatley he left no will, I am the main contact on the house but that is all. What should I do he owes quite a bit and I'm not sure I can afford it. This ia all so confussing to me. I have one sister who wants mey family to keep the house as well, but noe they are saying since there is not a will, we will have to go to probate. Is that true?

  • Categories: Retirement Planning, Estate Planning


**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.