• Question
  • filing income taxes

    Asked by someone from Cape Girardeau, MO on 3/9/2017

    Im 66 female draw widows social security and small retirement from deceased husband
    do I file income tax and do I get anything back such as personal property tax or tax on home loan

  • Categories: Taxes, Retirement Planning


  • Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • It's unlikely you will have to file if you make less than about $22,000 gross income. There are exceptions. See https://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch01.html#en_US_2016_publink1000170392 for more information. If you file, you may get back any withholding and sometimes health care insurance support. If your income is higher than about $22,000, and your deductions for medical costs, property tax or mortgage interest are larger than the standard deduction, your tax bill will be lower.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 3/13/2017
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.