• Question
  • support towards payment of college education

    Asked by someone from Kansas City, MO on 7/5/2018

    I met an active duty military man, who posed as a single, divorced man. I found out he was indeed still married, I was pregnant as well. He denied my son to keep his honorable military standing and then rank. His words. The Court ordered child support and health insurance towards our son, he has to date designed undeniable camouflages to resist his responsibilities to date. He is now retired. For years, Child Enforcement says since he was military, they could only enforce some parts of child support. Our son is in College. I have been burden financially to care for our son since birth. I have been a caregiver to a disabled parent as well. I am now financially burden even more with outstanding student loans. What legal remedy and obligation can be pursued against him through court proceedings and military guidelines towards getting help with our son's outstanding college loans? .

  • Categories: Financial Advisors, Retirement Planning


  • Steve 


    San Francisco, CA

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • Hi,

    I wish that I could help you, but I believe you'd be better served by contacting a lawyer who specializes in this area.

    You may be able to talk to a free resource if you google "legal aid" in your area https://www.google.com/search?q=legal+aid

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 7/17/2018
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.