• Question
  • taxes and working

    Asked by someone from Henderson, KY on 2/2/2019

    i am retired, drawing social security but recently went back to work, what are my tax requirements i am 66 years old

  • Categories: Taxes, Retirement Planning


  • Get a FREE 1-on-1 phone
    consultation with this advisor
  • It appears that you are past your full retirement age so you will no longer be subject to the earnings penalty if you decide to go back to work. However, depending on your gross income, you may find that you SS benefit can be taxed up to 85%.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 2/15/2019
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.