• Question
  • income taxes

    Asked by a 46 year old man from Minneapolis, MN on 5/24/2019

    I am in the process of completing the online application for receiving social security. I want taxes to be withheld. How/where do I find that information?

  • Categories: How Calculated?, Social Security


  • Get a FREE 1-on-1 phone
    consultation with this advisor
  • You need to complete Form W-4V to request or stop taxes being withheld from Social Security. You can choose to withhold 7, 10, 12 or 22 percent of your monthly benefit. This form is available on their website (link below) or you an call the Social Security office 1-800-829-3676.


  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 5/28/2019
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.