The Best Senior Dating Sites Online –Dating Networks Grow in Popularity for Boomers and Other Retirement Age Americans
While we at NewRetirement are mostly focused on the financial aspects of growing older, a successful retirement generally means overall fulfillment and dating is an increasingly popular activity among older Americans.
With extra leisure time, it is no wonder that seniors – many of whom have lost or divorced spouses – are looking to spend time with someone special. And experts agree that dating is a great anti-aging activity. Staying social and connected is an important aspect of maintaining mental and physical fitness.
So, here where to find appropriate dates? Below you will find out guide to senior dating online.
The Most Popular Online Dating Sites
The most popular online dating sites can absolutely be used by anyone – no matter your age. My own 80 plus year old grandfather found lovely companions on these sites.
While the features and functions of these sites vary, you can search and sort to find the right match. You might want to find other people who are retired or of a certain age. Also, be sure to make it very clear in your own profile who you genuinely are and what you are looking for.
Want to Be More Specific?
Here are the Most Popular Online Dating Sites for Seniors
Perhaps you would be more comfortable entering the online world of dating with sites designed exclusively for people of your own age range.
Here are some matchmaking sites for people 50 and over:
- Senior Match: Senior Match says that it is the largest dating site for baby boomers and seniors. They focus on users over 50 years of age. They even have a live senior counselor – maybe something like a dating advice column? http://www.seniormatch.com
- OurTime: I think that “OurTime” is a romantic notion — a good name for a senior matchmaking site. Retirement could be a great time to focus on a relationship – without the pressures of career and family. OurTime is also focused on users 50 plus and is part of a community of web sites that includes: SeniorPeopleMeet.com and SeniorsMeet.com. http://www.ourtime.com
- RetiredSingles: This site is actually for people ages 45-100. They say that they have “more pratical” matching criteria than most sites. They also offer some interesting communication features like blogs and instant messaging. http://www.retiredsingles.com/
- SeniorFriendFinder: This site focuses on people 60 and over. They have quite a few “success stories” on their home page and seem to feature photographs of their users more than other sites. http://www.SeniorFriendFinder.com
- DatingForSeniors: The site says that it is the #1 Seniors Community on the Net. It is a very easy to use site with quick options for getting started. http://www.datingforseniors.com
- 50+ Connects and SeniorPremierDating: These sites were developed by seniors for seniors. All founders are over 50.. “or maybe a bit more!” An interesting feature on these sites is that you can let your family and friends do the matchmaking for you. http://50plusconnects.com/ http://www.seniorpremierdating.com/
Just Don’t Forget Your Retirement Financial Planning!
We hope the above resources help you find friends or love or both in your golden years. However, don’t forget that you need to be able to afford retirement – alone or as a couple.
Use NewRetirement to help you evolve your retirement plans.