Turn Your Dreams into Plans...

Take Control of Your Retirement.

Find Your Path to the Future You Want.

Already have an account? Sign in...

Everyone Deserves Peace of Mind


Answer some important questions to get real clarity on where you stand and your retirement options.

Next steps

See what’s possible and what you can do right now and in the future to create your perfect retirement scenario.

Ongoing help

We’ll help you stay focused on your plan so you can enjoy the retirement you always wanted.

Due to its easy-to-understand presentation and wealth of information...

NewRetirement is the American Association of Individual Investor's (AAII) Editor’s Choice for Best of the Web for Retirement Planning.

The NewRetirement Calculator Makes Retirement Planning Easy...

  • Quick and easy to get started
  • Sophisticated tools – it is like a financial advisor is in your computer
  • Useful charts and detailed analysis of your situation
  • Ability to try out different retirement scenarios
  • Instant answers to your retirement questions

Retirement Information and Tips

Retirement Experts

Most Recent Question and Answer on NewRetirement Answers...

I am still working and approaching 59 1/2. My 401K plan allows for in-service rollovers to an IRA. Fidelity manages the 401K plan and I currently have both an IRA and Roth IRA at Fidelity. Can a rollover be performed and still keep me in the market during the process, or will I need to sell everything first? Ultimately, I plan to hold different assets in the IRA from those in the 401K. Also, I have some after-tax money in the 401K which I believe can roll into the Roth IRA?
Asked by a 59 year old man from Marion, IA on 7/13/2017

Good afternoon Sir, Most retirement plans don't permit "in-kind" transfers to a rollover IRA. However, since your 401k plan is with Fidelity and you have an IRA with Fidelity, this may be possible as Fidelity has allowed this in the past. You should check with Fidelity to confirm before doing anything. One more thing. Since you don't plan to keep the current holdings anyway, you may want to calculate how much trading costs you will incur when you sell them in the IRA. Perhaps, it will be better to liquidate the holdings inside of the 401k first to avoid transaction costs. However, this all depends on level of assets, number of holdings, as well as what Fidelity would charge you. I hope this helps. Best, Marc Marc Jimenez, CFA, CFP® Managing Principal & Founder CAM Investor Solutions 387 Corona Street, Suite 538 Denver, Colorado 80218 Office: (720) 575-7775 Mobile: (512) 923-2108 marc@caminvestor.com | www.caminvestor.com

Marc Jimenez
See All Recent Answers... Ask a Question...
NewRetirement Family

NewRetirement is a new approach for retirement planning – comprehensive, easy, personalized and designed for regular people. We started this company because our own parents needed help with retirement planning and there were not any affordable and trustworthy resources.

NewRetirement’s calculator is designed for anyone who is worried about their retirement – especially people nearing the end of their careers who are in their 50s and 60s. We help people figure out how to draw down their savings as well as think through things like Social Security, income streams, Medicare, work and phased retirement and how to manage debt, expenses and out-of-pocket medical costs to live as securely as possible.

The system puts you in charge of how you want to use your resources so that you can make better decisions about your future.