• Question
  • puzzled

    Asked on 8/14/2012

    My parents home is in a life estate with a quick claim deed to the 5 children. My parents can no longer stay in the house and have moved to an apartment. Can this house be sold? and who owes it at this point?

  • Categories: Retirement Planning, Estate Planning


  • Editorial 


    San Francisco, CA

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • Your question can best be answered by the attorney who originally did the life estate.

    Otherwise, you may want to consult your own attorney. If you do not have a legal resource, you may be able to locate one familiar with life estates and other elderlaw issues here:

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 8/23/2012
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.