• Steve 


    San Francisco, CA

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • In this situation you should probably have an insurance expert and an estate planning lawyer and perhaps an accountant/tax advisor review your situation. Insurance policies are basically contracts with the insurance company and you'd have to review the policy/contract to find out exactly what the treatment is in this situation.

    You can find some financial advisor resources here:

    You can find some estate planning services here:

    Hope this is helpful.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 9/14/2012
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.