• Question
  • Need to make correction in PERS teachers pension; cannot get through - 2 yrs. trying

    Asked by someone from Toms River, NJ on 8/6/2018

    1. 2 yrs. trying to obtain PERS retirement info - 23 yrs. adjunct at Brookdale Community College.
    2. Received letter from State of N.J., Dept of Treasury, Div. of Pensions on RE: TPAF 455375 (Tier 1) 7-25-18 telling me my last contribution date was June 30, 1997
    Actually retired 3-1-18.
    3. College says I have to find solution. Have about 2" of paperwork trying to straighten this out. Phones not answered, e-mails not answered, etc. Have copies of all attempts.
    THANK YOU for any assistance you may provide......

  • Categories: Public Employee Retirement System - PERS, Pensions and Retirement Benefits


  • Steve 


    San Francisco, CA

    Get a FREE phone consultation
    with an advisor. Learn more...
  • Hi - unfortunately we can't help with this situation - you'll need to work with the pension administrator. Good luck.

  • Login to rate this answer:   Answered on 9/24/2018
**All above answers are provided as general information only. No warranty is made regarding the fitness or accuracy of the information provided in this answer. You should seek advice from a licensed CPA, attorney or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ as to your unique financial situation.